Effective date: January 12, 2019
Slaney Quilting Studio (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the slaneyquiltingstudio.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
You may provide us with certain information when you visit our website.
This will be processed fairly, lawfully and transparently. We will provide you with details of any information held about you on request. This will only be collected and processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes in connection with your visit to our website. For example, you might make an enquiry through our website.
- Data minimisation – We will only hold what is adequate, relevant and necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is processed.
- Accurate – We will do our best to ensure the information is accurate and up to date.
- Not kept for longer than is necessary – We retain our data in a form which allows us to identify it so as to no longer keep it for longer than is necessary.
- Confidentiality and security – Our data is retained in accordance with suitable security arrangements as well as protection against accidental loss/destruction or unauthorised processing.
Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with: For people who view and interact with our website, we process data to respond to your query when sent through our ‘contact us’ form.
Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format. In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice. If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
Requirement to process personal data.
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot respond to your queries sent through our contact us form.